Sharing some "Wickedly Cute Halloween Treats"
that look especially good to eat!
Witches, and ghosts, black cats too
I'm sure you'll find something that will definitely tempt you!
1-1/2 cups chocolate frosting
1 package (4-3/4 ounces chocolate cones (Nabisco Oreo Cones)
1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
Neon-green food coloring
12 cupcakes, removed from paper liners
Green and red tube icing
Mike and Ike Tangy Twister candies
1. Place chocolate frosting in a freezer-weight zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe base of cones, dip in orange nonpareils, and set aside.
2. Place 1/2 cup vanilla frosting in a another zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Tint remaining frosting green and frost cupcakes.
3. Turn cupcakes on sides, then place decorated cones on top. Using vanilla frosting, pipe eyes on cupcakes. Attach chocolate chips for pupils and pipe a dot onto chips. Use red icing for mouths, green icing for warts; shape candies into noses. Pipe chocolate icing onto cupcakes for hair and sprinkle with chocolate jimmies.
Fun with pretzels and melted chocolate! Covered with a white chocolate coating, these treats are a tasty mix of sweet and salty. For the best effect, heap and jumble the little bones in a bowl rather than laying them on a plate.
1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate chips (2 cups)
36 pretzel sticks and rods of various sizes
72 mini-marshmallows (about 1 cup)
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. Place the chips in a double boiler over just-simmering water and melt, stirring frequently. As soon as the chips are just melted (There may even be a few solid ones left), removed the pan from the heat and remove the top section of the double boiler so the chocolate’s temperature doesn’t keep rising.
3. Stick marshmallows onto both ends of the pretzels, with the marshmallows’ flat sides parallel to the pretzel.
4. Dip each pretzel in the chocolate and lift out with a fork, letting the excess drip back in the bowl. Lay the bones on the baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at a cool room temperature.
Ghosts and Goblins Crispy Treat Pops
Makes 24 Pops
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (16 oz.) marshmallows
1 package (about 10 oz.) crisp rice cereal, divided Orange Icing Color
Cookie Sticks (6 or 8-in.)
Halloween Confetti Sprinkles
Spray multi-cavity pumpkin and ghost pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large saucepan, melt butter; add marshmallows. Cook and stir until melted. Divide mixture in half; stir orange icing color into 1 portion. Add half of cereal to orange mixture; mix well. Repeat with remaining cereal and white marshmallow mixture. Press into prepared pan; carefully remove from pan and allow to cool. Insert cookie stick; add confetti eyes and mouth.
Black Cat Brownies
Quick! Finish these cat brownies before they cross anyone's path and bestow bad luck. Form these felines from a pan of cooled brownies by using a cat-shape cookie cutter. Add two small red candies for eyes. Visit the Better Homes & Gardens website for more quick and easy Halloween Treats! MEOW!
All this searching for sweet Halloween Treats has made me hungry! I'm off to find something good to eat!